Unarmed Security Officer Corporate Location APPLY NOW
Unarmed Security Officer - Hiring Multiple Positions 12 Hour Shifts Day and Night Shifts Available 6am-6pm and 6pm to 6am
Description: Unarmed Security Officer in Duluth, GA Corporate Office
The Basic Security Officer position is the front-line visible layer of security at the location and serves as a greeter and physical deterrent to unauthorized visitors. Basic Security Officers may be responsible for greeting tenants, visitors, and vendors and answer questions, maintain access control, monitor the Fire Control Panel, Elevator Controls, Access Control, Emergency Intercoms, and CCTV systems. Basic Security Officers perform foot patrols of the perimeter, common areas, and parking areas of the property. Officers ensure perimeter doors are unlocked or locked as necessary, watch for loiterers and other unwanted people in the area.
General Duties May Include:
- Ingress and egress access control including tenant, visitor and vendor identification verification
- Random and/or scripted roving patrols of interior and exterior building areas, including the parking garage
- Report criminal activity and visible safety hazards observed while on property
- Monitor and respond to building access control, CCTV and fire detection systems
- Report unusual incidents detected or reported by a tenant/visitor to Owner via the designated Owner contact
- Complete incident reports and forward to Owner
- Complete daily activity reports
- Respond to life safety duties as identified in Post Orders and Owner Policies and Procedures, including contacting local authorities, coordinating and directing emergency responders, leading evacuations for tenants and visitors, directing media to a designated location, and security the property during inclement weather
- Provide wayfinding and escorts in or out of facilities or spaces within the facilities including the parking garage
Preferred Experience, Education & Licenses:
- Minimum of one (1) year comparable security experience in a “Class A” office, hotel, retail, law enforcement, or military service (Honorable discharge) Experience Not Required our State Board Instructor will train qualified applicants.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook
- High school graduate or possess equivalent GED
- Valid driver’s license
- CPR/AED Certified (for some positions)
- Meaningful and verifiable work history
- Bi-Weekly Payroll
- Uniform Shirt Provided
- On Site Patrol Car
- Fluently speak, read, write and understand English
- Successfully pass Georgia Basic Security Officer Certification within 3 months of hire date with Company Training Instructor
- Comprehend oral and written orders, procedures, and materials
- Ability to compose written reports and convey complex information utilizing correct sentence composition and grammar
- Physically able to accomplish various tasks that must be performed, including but not limited to: Standing or sitting for long periods of time, quickly ascending and descending multiple flights of stairs, and lifting weight of at least forty (40) pounds.
- Possess a well-developed level of maturity and judgment necessary for professional interaction in a business environment
- Capable of hearing ordinary conversations at fifteen (15) feet distance with or without the benefit of a hearing aid
- Present a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance while providing security services
- Valid GA Driver License (On Site Patrol Vehicle Provided )
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a US citizen or foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a 12-panel drug screening
- Must successfully pass a criminal background investigation for the city, county, state and federal governments
- Must have a mobile phone and email address
- Must have reliable/self-owned transportation
Martel TCS focuses on our clients and our employees. Without people, we would not exist. Our mission is to provide customized services for people and organizations. Not only do we customize our service, but we also focus on customizing how we lead our employees. Our goal is to provide a family oriented and team environment where individual employees recognize their value and they value others.
If you are a retired law enforcement officer or military veteran, we value your service & desire the opportunity to work with you.
If your goal is to be a part of an organization that values its people, leads and trains them, then Martel TCS is for you!
Martel TCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Security officer positions may require you to perform the following regularly during a shift:
- Lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs
- Reach over your head with 10-25 lb loads
- Climb stairs with loads up to 50 lbs
- Walk and stand for long periods of time, climb stairs & ladders
- Type or work at a keyboard or desk
Georgia License Number PSC0023452021-02-28|||Duluth, GA|||||||||I0y0uJyo34eqwDY-|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||12.00|||14.00|||true